Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Pretty In Pink- The Sequel!!!

This a pretty simple idea, and has likely been done before. Many times probably, but I was purely delighted with my cleverness when the thought occurred to me. I needed a handy dandy notebook to match my tote bag.

I have to keep a notebook handy for work and I am constantly getting sucked in by all the cute stuff out there, so many notebooks so little time.

I was fawning over a cute little quilted notebook at Walgreens (I know right? Who woulda thunk it). And there it was screaming "take me home with you" for the small price of $7.99 Seemed like a lot to pay for a notebook that I'm only gonna scribble all over for work.

So I hit the school supplies at Walmart and picked up this plain composition book for fifty cents. Not the cutie patootie notebook that I wanted, but under a $1. My little gears were turnin'!!
I made a larger book cover out of some heavy card stock paper I had. Anyone else remember having to make book covers for textbooks in high school? Ahh good times, yeah right....

I took scraps left over from my tote bag and sewed the black & white fabric to the pink making sure it was large enough to cover my notebook. Then glued the fabric using my glue gun to the book cover I made.
...... I may need to name that glue gun, she's become an integral part of my life. I ❤ that little thing. She's tiny, bought years and years ago for $1.50, I love her immensely. I digress.
Fabric glued to the book cover and then folded over my notebook.
And now I have a cutesy little notebook that matches my tote bag. Look out! And all for fifty cents and some scrap fabric. I love a bargain.
Linking up to:

The Trendy Treehouse

4 comments:

Life in Rehab said...

Wow, very nice indeed!

Wendy@project-create.blogspot.com said...

Very cute...Love the pink & black

Terrell said...

Simply adorable!! I'm loving your blog and I'm so excited to be your newest follower! I would also like to invite you to my link party/giveaway every Friday at FrouFrouDecor! I love new friends and hope to see you there!
~Terrell @ FFD~

Brianna! said...

love this sooo much
xoxo
bB