Sunday, August 1, 2010

AWARD!!! Get! Out!

I got an award, how sweet is that!
Liz at Project Nap Time made my freakin' day! By naming my lowly little blog for one of her "One Lovely Blog" awards.

I'm still just blown away that anyone even reads it. I mean seriously why would people read it, Hubs doesn't listen to half of what I say and I follow him around. You guys can just walk away.... I kid. Thanks so much for reading my blog!

Um... so I've only been blogging a couple of weeks. Still very new at it, and making lots of mistakes. Seriously, trust me. Lots of them. DIY and crafting has always been my passion, I just never thought to share it before.
I'm working very hard to improve my blog and learn all the lingo, who knew all this was out there! I've just been happily crafting away and never thought to take a picture of anything!

Pictures- an area I have to improve.


Back to the award!!! There are a few rules that come with receiving this award:

1. Thank and link back to the person that gave you the award.

2. Share 7 things about yourself.

3. Pass the award to at least 4 fellow bloggers who inspire you.
(how to decide with all these talented ladies!!)

4. Let them know about the award.

Let's see...7 things about Me:

1. I remember and celebrate each anniversary with Hubs, love him. This includes the day we
met, our fist date, engagement, wedding anniversary, etc.
You should see the panic in his eyes and his mind racing when I greet him
on numerous mornings with "you know what today is right?" :-)

2. We have two dogs (11 & 9) and one cat (12). It's amazing as our pets age the things we will do for them.
Maybe I'll share the embarrassment someday... probably not.

3. I'm a former high school teacher, and current social worker who coordinates community services for individuals with developmental delays. I love/hate my job. It's very rewarding but can also be very frustrating.

4. I'm from Arkansas & Hubs is from Philadelphia, how's that for opposites attract!

5. My very best friends live far away, I pine for them. The rare girls weekend is never enough.

6. I am a book-a-holic. I carry a book every where I go just in case I get a minute to read. Have been known to read at stop lights or while stuck in traffic.
and here I have to plug Paperback Swap best thing ever!

7. I'm very stubborn, and can hold a grudge like nobody's business. I recognize this can be a problem ;-) I'm working on it...... really.

Are you all still awake????
I have been completely inspired by some of the blogs out there. I am amazed and proud everyday of everyone out there doing amazing things and sharing them. BRAVO!!! These are fellow bloggers that I'm passing this award to:
Life in Rehab (What a great name!!)

I am also linking up (If I can figure it out...) to:
It's A Blog Party to show off my new (to me) dining room chair make-over.
Finding Fabulous to show off my car organizer. I may just have to make another one so I can take more pictures of the process.


4 comments:

AliLilly said...

My hubby got an awesome job last year, this time actually WOW the anni will be the 16th of this month. BUT....the job was in AZ where we live now and we are from Texas...born and raised. All my friends are back in Texas so I totally feel you on miss them!! I am new to blogging...isn't it fun! I'm still learning and screw up often too! Your blog has a TON of potential!! SO.......I gave you an award today too! I came to tell you and saw this! AWESOME!!! See your going place with this already!! :)

http://alililly.blogspot.com/2010/08/my-very-1st-blog-award.html

Jenglamgirl said...

Thank you so so so much, I am so flattered, and feel so thrilled to know I inspire you and others. Much much love. Hope your weekend was great, enjoy your evening. Jenn

Jenglamgirl said...

P.S. welcome to BLOG LAND, AND ALL of the fun that it provides. You will get the hang of it. Also, its fun getting to read and know new things about people, thanks for sharing. I am stubborn too, but I have learned to not hold grudges Like I used too. Its not worth it and you feel so much better when you don't have to care or worry. "Don't worry Be Happy!" BESIDES killing them with kindness is so much better! ;)

Country Dreaming said...

Hi--
Welcome to blogland--things get easier the more you do them.
Read all your posts andhave to say love your bag soooo cute!
I also signed on as a follower.
Come by Dreaming sometime would love to visit with you.

Melinda