Monday, August 2, 2010

Cute Personalized Gifts

The end/beginning of the month is crunch time for me!!! I have to finish up monthly paperwork.... ugh! I'm pressed for time, so a quick note on some good quick gifts.

I made a cute little travel mug for my sister with her initial on some fabric. The travel mug I found at Hobby Lobby. I think they were regularly $9.99 but I got it on sale and already had the fabric and ribbon. Not bad for a small inexpensive gift!
I snap up the chance to make cutesy little things for my god-daughter whenever I can. I love making things for her, and these were super easy little package of onsies (sp?) that I snapped up on clearance. I added the applique "M" for Maggie and stitched around the edges. Super easy and personalized!!! Who doesn't love a personalized gift?!?
I'm not lucky enough to have a craft machine..... yet. (insert hint to Hubs here) So I just opened up a word doc. on the computer and got the letter to the size I wanted. I printed and cut it out to use as a template for the fabric letter. Probably easier more ingenious ways, but the only thing I had to buy this way was a package of onsies!

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Country Dreaming said...

Very cute gifts. Monogrammed things are fun to have.

Thanks fo signing on as a follower
hope to see you soon.

Melinda

Pati @ A Crafty Escape said...

Love these... that travel mug would make a perfect teacher gift!