Friday, August 6, 2010

Decorating the Buffet


This is my challenge. I have a great buffet that I am in love with. I know what I like, but I am very impatient. I also have a hard time pulling everything I like together, to make it look cohesive in a room. This is going so slowly.......
I wanted a lamp for the buffet. I searched Good Will, Salvation Army, etc. for something I could spray paint. It's August in the south, some of these places had no air conditioning.
THAT!!! My friends is commitment.
What did I find? NOTHING!
Not one thing that I could visualize as being the right size, shape, etc.

I stumbled into TJ Maxx panting and sweating like I had just run a marathon (after walking 20 ft. from my car, it's hot ya'll!!!)
and what do I see................
Do you hear the angels singing hallelujah? I did.
I grabbed it immediately, darting looks over my shoulder like someone was going to come wrestle me for it.

I debated with myself for all of three minutes over paying $29.99 for it. I mean it's beautiful, the shade is perfect. I thought I had better hurry to the register in case they realized they had priced it wrong.

I ❤ this lamp.
It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.
Out of the whole dining room redo, so far, this lamp is one of only two things that I have paid retail for. I think it was worth it.

7 comments:

StepherB said...

I agree! It is a beautiful lamp and a wonderful color!!

Carol said...

I saw one just like this at Marshall's... I love it! (It just doesn't match anything in my house). Good luck decorating your buffet... I have a piano that needs a re-do on the top, too. Can't wait to see what you pull off!

Country Dreaming said...

Looks good with the black!

Keep going.

Melinda

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

I would have grabbed it too! Great find and $29 is a great price. Love the color.

Kylie said...

Ohhh I would have grabbed it too!!! $29 was great and you saved money on spray paint!!!! THe curves of it go great with the curves of the fabric and I Love the book under it!

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

My neighbor has this lamp! It's fabulous, and TOTALLY worth $29.99!!

Leigh said...

Ooh I love that lamp, worth 30 dollars for sure! Thanks for finding my blog and leaving such a nice comment.
--Leigh
dirtcheapdecoratingdivas.blogspot.com