Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Dining Room & Buffet!!

I'm still working on decorating my new Buffet!!!
This part is hard for me, I always second guess the placement of things. I'm always worried about my propensity to make things all matchy and symmetrical.

Here's the before pic again


So far I've added the much loved lamp and a few Goodwill finds. Not sure what to do with the shelves below on the buffet. I want white pottery, but not sure what. Suggestions?
So far:
1. Wall color- Restoration Hardware Silver Sage
2. New mirror and lamp
4. Spray painted the chandy
5. New curtains (which came out really shiny in the pics, but are not in person. Promise)
I can't stick with anything so far, everyday I add something or take something away. Still trying to get it just right.

I do love my new mirror. It's such a small room, I think it makes it look a bit larger. Just a little bit....

I love the way the chairs turned out. I think there needs be something different going on with the centerpiece for the table, but right now I'm pretty stuck. Ignore the paint/ fabric swatches pinned to the wall on the left, that's for living room ideas.

I smile every time I look a the lamp..... Wondering if maybe the mirror is a little too high though. Still looking for pulls for the buffet too. I want to shout and do a little dance every time I walk past that buffet.....

My day has been made!!! My little buffet was featured on


Wow! I was pretty psyched about the buffet and to see that other people like it as well means a lot. That buffet was totally worth almost breaking my foot for (I'm a bit accident prone)
Hope your Wednesday is great, I know mine is..... :-)

I'm also linking up with the Fabulous Shabby Chic Cottage!!

12 comments:

Jenglamgirl said...

I think you did great. Love the colors. and the buffet! that lamp is fab. Way to go. Jenn

Shannon said...

You did a great job! The dining room looks fab! I love blogland! Such great ideas. Looks like we read a few of the same ones.

La said...

It looks great! La

Ann On and On... said...

Fabulous job! You've inspired me to redo my chairs...thanks.

Bonnie @ House of Grace said...

Looks great!!! So clean and fresh looking.
Bonnie :)

Prior said...

Love the colors and that is one cool lamp, for sure! Lezlee

Anonymous said...

Love it! It's so fresh and bright, thank you for sharing.

Amanda@The Hand Me Down House said...

LOVED seeing your buffet on Remodelaholic -- WTG!! :)

That room transformation is wonderful -- love the bright, airy look -- It's beautiful! :)

nell ann said...

SO fun!!! And I have the same lamp -- well, two of them in my bedroom. You have such good taste. : )

sara @ it's good to be queen said...

it looks so great...LOVE that blue lamp!

Debbie said...

Looks fanstastic! You are having fun too, and that is what counts most with projects.

Allyson Pecilunas said...

How funny I think we do have the same table!! Thanks for stoppin by!

~Allyson~