Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I am a woman obsessed

And it's your fault..... you know who you are!

Decor Chick
House of Smith's

Because now I have the Badger Bug!!!!!!!!!!!!
The wheels have been turning, I can't stop thinking about it. The office may just have to wait.
Ladies I  want  NEED a pantry remix!

I spent part of the afternoon stalking the aisle of the Dollar Tree the next town over. A much nicer, much larger Dolla-licious Dollar Tree.  I'm pulling together a plan, it's going to take a while.
At some point I'll show you how this


$1 basket is going to transform and ORGANIZE this


I see you're just green with envy over the bevy of nutritious meals this little door hides.
We have a very small pantry, weirdly small for this house now that I think about it. But we do have two. The second one is beyond embarrassing, so that photo will be for another day. I can hear you laughing and I've had all I can take for one day.

I have been a label makin' demon preparing for the great pantry makeover at the Perks house.
Perky Pantry 2010 if you will.

I found this great little Pottery Barn set of glass bottles at Goodwill. Still in the box never opened $4
Buy them you say?? Yes, right away.


I've only used one so far, but I am super in love with it. 
I'll say it.... Sometimes I just open the cabinet to look at it.
If it weren't for my weirdly illegible nomatterwhatIdo handwriting it would be perfect.
I may have to get Hubs to re-write everything at some point. 



And these awesome little babies I picked up at the Dollar Tree!!


I just changed 'em up a bit
and have to give a little HOLLA to Thrifty Decor Chick for setting me on fire with the love all the things I can do with a little vinyl and chalkboard pen.


At some point I'll tell you how these two little bottles led to a night of unloading an entire cabinet.
Which of course meant it had to be re-lined with shelf paper.
Which of course means I fell off the ladder.
Nothing broken, at least not today. But tomorrow I'll be given it my best shot.
I kid, no ER visits while Hubs is thousands of miles away.
I have to wait until he gets home so someone can drive me.

Also today I got a Lovely Blog Award! Awe! Thanks Carol @ The Antique Texan


If you haven't visited her blog, you should check it out.
I'll try to keep this short and sweet
7 Things About Me:
I'm overly organized, very sensitive, my sister is my hero, this world makes me sad sometimes, fiercely loyal, I will always cheer for the under dog (unless Philly is playin'- any sport) and I am not a morning person.

Passing this award on to some blogs that I love and want to share:
This Home Of Ours
Going A Little Coastal
Tara Being Tara
Country Dreaming

Hooking up with:

HookingupwithHoH    giveaways    

       Stinkin Cute Thursday Button    monogram    

Weekend Bloggy Reading

20 comments:

Tara said...

Thank you so much!!! I was going to give it to you today but then I saw you'd already gotten it and wasn't sure if I was supposed to give it to you again! :-)

Decorchick! said...

Hahaha you are so funny Brandy! I can't wait to see your before picture of your other pantry! lol. Those jars you got are sooo cute and I love the labels you put on everything!

Country Dreaming said...

Can't wait to see what you do with your pantry.
Thanks for the award, very sweet of you!

Melinda

lisaroyhandbags said...

I love your labels! oh what I wouldn't do for ANY type of pantry!! :)

Prior said...

Love the labels~ nothing like having an organized pantry, just make life easier! Lezlee

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

Thanks so much Brandy for passing the award on to me! That was so sweet of you.
Can't wait to see the pantry redo. Mine is so deep things get lost back there! Plus, my microwave is in there. Weird I know. Previous owners did it.

Tara said...

I love that we're blog soul mates! And I love social workers! :-)

House of Smith's said...

HAHAH... you're so funny.
Thanks for the shout out! :)
You're gonna LOVE having all those cute storage containers and organized pantry :)
Thanks for sharing this with me!
~Shelley

Young and Crafty said...

Your blog is super cute! I love those chalkboard labels.

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I'm your newest follower!

Hannah
http://youngancrafty.blogspot.com/

Dawn said...

Wonderful job with the labels. Looking forward to seeing your pantry, take lots of pictures just for me! I love organizing jobs, I have two hunkering hall closets we do each spring and fall. My turn is nearing, lol. Happy Friday!

Dawn at BeatUntilFluffy.com

RE LOVED FURNITURE ADDICT said...

Thanks for finding me! Love the label ideas! :)

Le Chateau des fleurs said...

WOW You are doing a lot of organizing! That's awesome! I like this kind of thing...I just moved and forced Too...LOL
Happy Friday!
Come say hi and follow me back :)
XO
Frenchy

Tamra said...

Oh Brandy how glad you found me because now I found you!!! I love your blog and when you talk about writing style I have to giggle because I think you and I think a lot alike. I know we certainly write alike!

Nice to meet you!

Tamra

Becky@OrganizingMadeFun said...

I love it! More pantries...I'm dying to do mine soon, but it's pretty organized now and need to focus on some other things this year. But, come next year, it's next!! Thanks for sharing!

furygirl3132 said...

Hello! I am a new follower from Boost My Blog Friday, so glad to have found your blog and I look forward to reading more. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Eloise
Mommy2TwoGirls
http://mommy2twogirls.blogspot.com/

Julie said...

Hi! Just found you at the Shabby Nest...I can't wait to see your pantry makeover, because I need to do my own as well!

Stop by sometime
Julie
itssewfun-julie.blogspot.com

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

Love your blog ~ Thank you so much for stopping by The House on the Corner!! I'm following back!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I love your little Pottery Barn bottles! :) I have been hunting for chalkboard pens myself, but no luck yet. Love those neat bottles!! Thank you so much for linking up with me. :) Hope you'll come back and visit sometime soon!

Mary Joy said...

LOL LOL I could so relate to your story about the cute bottles causing you to have to completely clean out the pantry and start over from the shelf paper up! LOL It was like reading my own story! :-) Glad you are OK!!! So glad I came by...you made me smile!

Visiting from Amanda's...have a great weekend!

dogsmom said...

I have to find and try some chalboard paint stuff. Seeing such great re-dos. My guy has the best printing, cursive writing not so much. I bet he'd be a good tracer if I found a nice script.

So many link parties I need to investigate!