Thursday, August 12, 2010

I ❤ Spray Paint

A simple post for today. I ❤ spray paint!! What else is there to say? Really, is there anything else on earth that can so quickly and beautifully transform an object?!? I think not.

We got this vase as a wedding present 9 years ago. I love the shape, but it's no longer "goes" with anything. It's been relegated to a high cabinet since about 5 years and three moves ago.  She can no longer be used for fresh flowers, as she received a small crack in one of those moves.

But, as with most things, I can tell you exactly who gave this to us. I love them dearly, and one part of that couple has passed away.  So there was no way I was going to part with this.



So a little spray paint love was administered to give her new life and a home in the made over dining room.  
And no injuries in while in the process of this craft!!! I must be improving......


Linking up to:







Get your craft on Thurs.    
     giveaways

7 comments:

Jinnia said...

Hi! That vase is very special and looks beautiful with the new coat of spray paint, great job!

I'm stopping by from Mama's Little Nestwork and became your newest follower! Come visit me at http://jinnialow.com

Have a great day!
Jinnia

Paula said...

Oh, I love how it turned out!

Sarah @ The Ugly Duckling House said...

Hi there Brandy! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, and for being a new follower!

I can't agree with you more about spray paint. Despite how transformative ALL paint can be on just about anything, I hold a special place in my heart for the stuff in a can. I too posted about my devotion here along with a tutorial.

Small tip: I found out thanks to another blogger that True Value has a ridiculous amount of colors of Krylon spray paint. I don't yet know where one is around me, but I'll be passing through there in no time!

Country Dreaming said...

Great new look for the vase.

Super job!

Melinda

Livy said...

It looks like new!

Can you use spray paint on furniture? Like say a nighttable?

Brandy said...

Livy, I have. It's always turned out really well as long you make sure you clean the piece really well first.

Debbie said...

I love it too...to me it is a NO brainer to transform things:) Love your cute little vase.