Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Trying It Out.....

We interrupt this program with my inability to concentrate or focus on anything.
I have a lot going on at the moment and find that I'm terribly distracted.  Usually crafting, etc. soothes me. Creating something, sewing and building are my outlet for stress. 
I find that at the moment, it's not working. Likely contributing to my current feelings about my latest project. 

I felt like my new buffet need a little greenery, 
and saw a tutorial on Thrifty Decor Chick about it. 
Easy peasey, I thought.  Right? WRONG!! 
Some people make things look so easy!!

So off I went to Michaels for a cute little bowl (that was 50% off, SCORE!!) 
and some greenery to try it out. 

I made the mistake of dragging Hubs along to the store. He thought the prices for fake plants and flowers were ridiculous (they were 50% off that day...)  
We are notoriously cheap and frugal.
I messed with it for days....... repositioning until I nearly ruined my little foam block.

I think I'll have to file this one under "Eh"
Not sure if I would call this a success or not, I'm not in love with it. 
It doesn't make my go pitter patter. 
I'm a little ambivalent about it. 
Can you tell?!?

So not every project is going to be something your wild about. What would you do with it? Change it? Trash it?

Link Parties:


    



11 comments:

Carol said...

First, while you're in your funk, go visit my blog and watch the video I just posted. It totally helps with "the funk."

Then I would plant a live ivy. Be sure to put a few stones in the bottom for drainage and try not to over-water it. You do those two things and it will.not.die. Seriously, my mom-in-law can kill ANYTHING, but not ivy.

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

If it bugs you then trash it. I like the idea of the ivy. But if you want another go at it I'd probably put some moss on top of the foam first to hide it.

Melissa said...

I know how you feel. I never quite know what to do with fails. I wish there was a good answer.

Country Dreaming said...

The last pic makes it look good but if you don't like it, do something different. Use tha container for something seasonal.

Melinda

Life in Rehab said...

Follow your instincts; if you don't like it, start over. I think it looks cute in the last photo, but I can relate to your ambivalence since I'm wrestling with an arrangement on the entertainment center now.

AliLilly said...

HEY BRANDY!!! I DID IT!!!!

I hit 100 followers and I’m doing a giveaway to celebrate! Go check it out and enter!!! :)

http://alililly.blogspot.com/2010/08/whoo-hoo-100-followers-giveaway.html

BTW I really like the plant! Did you see my post on the moth necklace that took SEVEN months to make!!! I get funky too sometimes....after you watch that first video go find The Worlds Best Drummer video on YouTube. It's so ridiculous you can't help but feel better!

Erin said...

I think it looks great...if you don't like it you can always start over, that is the nice thing about creating it ourselves! Have a great day!

AliLilly said...

Hey love! Your following the wrong alililly!! I'm AliLilly 73 on twitter! I DID see your tweet tho!! :) This is SOOOOOO exciting!! I thought I'd have like 2 entries and I'd look like a big dummy!!!

Debbie said...

I have been through this before...in fact I just deleted two projects off my drafts because I thought they stunk. I think this is cute...needs just a little more...I would say add some orange color to it, and it would be perfect for Fall:) perhaps a little pine cone here and there too!

Brandy said...

I toyed with the idea of just deleting it, but thought the feedback might be more helpful for me. I love getting great ideas from everyone. I would like to see more posts when something doesn't go the way we envision, it's all apart of the process. Thanks for the great suggestions!

Erin said...

When I am in a funk...or think something is a fail I usually try and cruise through other blogs for inspiration....or google images or etsy or even flickr.

As for this plant...it looks cute in the picture, but maybe post a picture of the overall table it is sitting on...maybe that is why you don't like it? I think something seasonal would look good in the container...glitter pumpkins...decor balls? Or maybe "glaze" the container? or paint and distress?