I was in love with the idea of making a wreath with crepe paper flowers after I saw the flower tutorial House of Smith's
I didn't have a foam wreath, but did have this one that I had picked up a long time ago at the Dollar Store. So I covered it with some strips of black fabric.
Cut the fabric into strips and wrap until covered.
Now that was the easy part, Shelly made the flowers look easy. You can read her tutorial here.
While not hard, the flower making is tedious.
Here's what I found useful:
1. A large basket to hold the flowers as you make them.
2. At least two rolls of crepe paper (depending on the size of the wreath of course)
3. Trusty hot glue gun (I think I'll ask for a cordless one for Christmas)
4. A comfy place to sit (in front of a television preferably)
5. A weeks worth of General Hospital on DVR
I was so
tired of making flowers excited to get started, I started attaching the flowers to the wreath before I had enough.
Attached some ribbon to hang the wreath by.
43 Billion tiny crepe paper flowers and the hot glue gun.......
Will I ever learn. I think I burned off every one of my fingerprints with the hot glue gun.
It's hot Brandy!!! Stop touching it! There must be some disconnect in my brain.
"Oh look, a glob of glue is oozing the wrong way.... I'll just wipe it away."
Obviously the level of my genius is astounding.
When I finished I loved it, Dears Hubs was not quite so enamored with the idea of pink wreath....
Go figure. He's a boy, doesn't get the need for pink.
She's very cute. But let me tell you a little something about southern summers. I finished this back in August. I wasn't thinking about seasons, etc. I just wanted to see how it looked. I came home about a week later and while coming up the driveway thought.....
"SOMEONE STOLE MY WREATH!!!!"
It was gone!
Obviously I think a lot of myself that my first thought would be that someone would take it. Ha.
She was laying on the ground. So sad :-( to see her there.
I noted that the hot glue I hastily attached the ribbon with must have come apart
(should have sewed the ribbon, but I have warned you about my impatience)
The hot glue didn't come apart, it was GONE!!!
One week of hanging on the door in 115 degree temps during a southern summer had evaporated the hot glue!!! Wow!