Saturday, November 13, 2010

All Purpose Cleaner

Here's another one I want to share. 
I have become increasingly antsy about chemicals in cleaners that I use to "clean" my home.  One day while cleaning the bathroom I realized I was gagging on fumes.  And what was I using that day to clean........??

I'll just say that it was a store bought cleaner labeled as "Green"
Hmmmm........Makes you think.

This is an all purpose cleaner that works great. I feel safer using it and there are no fumes, so you can decide for yourself. 

I am quickly becoming the biggest fan EVER of Borax.
It's works great in a variety of different ways. There's lots of debate about how green it is. Who the heck knows anymore!  
For every article that says yes there are four more that say no. But it is all natural. 


Here's what you need:
1.  Borax- 1 teaspoon
2. Plain white vinegar- 2 tablespoons
3. Mild dish soap- just a few drops
4. Hot water

Mix it all up in a spray bottle and your done. If you like a scented cleaner you can put in a few drops of any essential oil, smells great and works great. This is all I use now.



Now I have to go  finish my book  err... uh.. clean the house.
Yes, if anyone talks to The Hubs let him know I was working my tail off all day cleaning the house. And I'll be needing a foot rub this evening to recover from all that  reading  cleaning.  And maybe if you really love me, you could give him some Christmas inspiration as well.........

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Thanks for the info! I've always used "regular" cleaning products, but now that I own a home, they're starting to freak me out.

I'll have to test this one out!