Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Homemade Dishwashing Detergent

After I made my laundry detergent, I realized I already had all the ingredients to make dish washing detergent!!!  I was out of it and realized I could make it myself instead of heading to the store.  
I've been using it for about a year now, and I have to say that I really like it.  


Here's the breakdown:
1 Cup of Arm & Hammer Washing Soda
1 Cup Borax
1/2 Cup Citric Acid
1/2 Cup Coarse Kosher Salt

MIX IT UP!!!!


Every website I read said you could get citric acid at your local hardware store........
Not around here apparently, I had absolutely no luck here.  You can just use lemon cool aid/ drink mix. Just make sure it's sugar free! I was skeptical at first, but it works.

And skip the Jet Dry.
It's expensive and you don't really need it. 
Keep your glasses, etc spot free by using plain vinegar.  

Now I've got a dishwasher to load. 
Happy Tuesday. 

Lovely Links:

handmade projects    

3 comments:

Life in Rehab said...

Brandy, I could kiss you for this!

Brandy said...

Thanks, hope you find it useful!!!

Lisa Davis said...

Oh my...how do you discover all of this?! I'm impressed :)