Wednesday, December 15, 2010

My Big Day

We always go to my Mom's for Christmas, driving down and back for the day. Because of work schedules this year they have decided to come to my house!!! I'm nervous and excited. I'm wishing for a little snow, maybe a perfectly cozy white Christmas. It's 23 degrees here today, but no snow......
We get snow like this, but these freak snow storms don't usually come until late February/ early March.
Sigh..........


ANYWAY......
Christmas dinner at my house.... 
So I'm getting CRAZY ready.  I realized I've never gotten to use my dining room. So I need to pull this room together.  Christmas"tize" it. 



I am madly trying finish all my work so I can get on to the fun stuff of planning for Christmas, I get distracted easily.

I did a little quick spray painting to satisfy my need to craft so I could concentrate on work.
And besides, It's been a few minutes since I sang the praises of all things spray paint related.

:-(
I quickly realized I was so distracted and hurried that I forgot the "before" pic.
This was just a tiny brass vase that I found at the Salvation Army for .50


I made little crepe paper flowers and spray painted them silver to go with my silver/ blue decorations this year. Thinking I should have gone blue???? 

Only 10 days to spiff up the dining room. 
Back to work!!

Links:






Get your craft on Thurs.      
</center><center>http://www.thethriftyhome.com 

4 comments:

AliLilly said...

OH!!! The crepe paper flowers are so pretty!! You should make some tissue paper christmas trees!! I'm so in love with mine!! I can't wait to see what you got when it's all done! I wish it would snow here!!!

Judy said...

I love how the vase turned out with the crepe flowers! Isn't it interesting what a little spray paint can do to bring something new life?

Raelynn said...

So cute, I love the flowers, and the silver color! Hope your Christmas dinner goes well. This is my first year hosting the dinner too....I'll be happy if we have snow, since it's my first Christmas in 20 some years that I live somewhere that actually gets snow!

Skye said...

http://realmomreviews.blogspot.com/
Following your blog! Please follow back!
If you could follow me on Facebook, that would be awesome too!!
http://www.facebook.com/RealMomReviews
Thanks for your time!
Skye