Saturday, January 15, 2011

Because we all know who the real boss around here is........

She's fluffy and cuddly, but she rules with an iron fist.
Maci let's the others exist only to serve her own purposes.


If she feels like playing, they play.
If not..... the dogs walk away with scratched bloody little noses.
and a little wounded pride. 

If she's feeling especially generous, she may let them share her elevated throne. 
But not for long, and not often.


This is funny because the dogs, Zeeke & Zoe, came before Maci.
She was the last pet that we fostered for a great animal rescue in Arkansas.
We couldn't part with her. 
She will let no other come after her, we've tried a few times.....


Zeeke used to love to run and play in our huge backyard, but he's getting older.
He's VERY high maintenance.
13 years old and loosing control of things that leave us all a little crazed at times.


But when you see this face you tend to forget all the messes.


My little guard dogs!

At 11, Zoe is still...... strangely....... all puppy.
They are a bit spoiled.


But only as spoiled as Queen Maci will allow. 

They all have their own beds (...and blankets...) 
But for some reason Zeeke preferred Zoe's little pink bed.

And yes, this is how he always sleeps, it's weird.
I feel a little embarrassed every time I walk in a room and find him sleeping. 


Zoe will forgo a bed every time. She prefers the warmth of her human subjects.


Who could turn this face away!

In order to get rid of the pink bed Zeeke prefers, I made them one very large dog bed. 
Garden Ridge had fleece blankets for $1.99 the day after Thanksgiving.


I measured out the size I wanted (35x35) and sewed all the sides, leaving a enough room on one side to insert stuffing. 


And they LOVE, LOVE, LOVE their $4 dog bed. 


Here's the part I love, it was $4
These dogs, for being so tiny, are notoriously rough on dog beds.
They go through them fast.
This one I won't mind replacing. 
I cringe every time I have to throw out a $15-$30 dog bed.
No more!!!! 

Linking up to:


 handmade projects

12 comments:

Allyson Pecilunas said...

Your animals are ADORABLE :) Great job on your pet bed. I wish I could sew. I found your blog from Debbie- Doos. So I thought I would pop over and say hello. I am your newest follower. Come check me out if you get a chance.

http://noplacelikehomecraftsdecorbyallyson.blogspot.com/

~Allyson~

Country Dreaming said...

Love the pet bed...I could cuddle on that myself. Looks very comfy.

Melinda

Kimberly said...

Love this idea! I might have to give it a try. We have 2 puppies (well, they are puppies to me) - I'm such a sucker for their furry faces!

5Star Digital Scrapbooking said...

way to save money and so cute too!

the cape on the corner said...

oh my gosh, how funny is zeeke's sleeping position! they are all so cute, but your cat. that fur! wow!

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

Thank you so much for joining the party. You have quite the crew there. That dog bed is awesome, what deal on those cozy fleece blankets. I would love if you added my link so others know about the party. Thanks

lvroftiques said...

hahahahaha!! Oh Zeeke with his little legs out cracked me up! Amazing how they can sleep like that! And I can see why Maci is Queen. She's very beautiful and regal *winks* Great job on the puppy bed. Vanna

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I saw there sweet little faces at Debs party and had to come take a look, what sweeties, oh and then there is the queen! She looks just like you describe her, She is so pretty....She knows it!

Carol

Que Bella said...

Awww.... what precious babies! Queen Maci indeed! She's quite regal looking and Zeeke and Zoe are adorable. I laughed out loud at the pic of Zeeke asleep with his hind end showing. Thanks for sharing:)

flemingavenue said...

You cat is beautiful! As a fellow cat lover, I can understand cat's being the queen of the house. I have 2 twin girl kitties fighting for the top.

Nicole said...

Ahh your pups are too cute! I love your blog, I'm in love with owls! Visiting from Debbiedoos

Shelly said...

Oh my goodness! Such sweethearts! Queen Maci really does hold herself like a Queen. Cutie! :)