Thursday, February 17, 2011

Fabric Covered Notebook

I just love this idea! 
So every time a make a new tote bag I dress up one of my notebooks.  
I stocked up on composition notebooks when I found them on sale for .50


Cut out the fabric, leaving it a little larger than the notebook and set aside. 


Made another ruffle, using fabric that's twice the length of the note book.



Hem the ruffle around all the edges.  
Sew the ruffle onto the brown fabric.


I used Mod Podge to attach the fabric, then went back and trimmed around the edges.
I also added some fray check around the edges


Cute, fast and easy!


And it matches my tote bag.









3 comments:

A Vintage Vine said...

Really cute! Great idea, love how they go together!

Life in Rehab said...

Brandy, girl, I already loved the tote, and this elevates it to genius!

Country Dreaming said...

This is great!
Love the coordination of book and bag.

Melinda