Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I want to do what I want to do.....

It's raining outside now. It snowed again last week. Then it was 60 degrees yesterday. And the high tomorrow will be 27. 
I can't keep up. No wonder I don't feel well.
Weather in the Midsouth!
Where, where, where is spring!

It's February 1st. Which means that it's crunch time for my real, paying job. So I'm suffocating under a pile of paper work that must be finished.
 It must be finished before I can do what I want to do.

I want to make one of these.....


I want to work on the new tote bag I have in my head.


I want to work on the chair that has nasty water damage that I think I can rescue.


...... Umm, yeah. I may be kidding myself thinking that I can reupholster a chair. This is pretty bad, it's been wet. We put it in the attic three years ago because we didn't "go" anymore but we didn't want to get rid of it.  

Just my luck. Major thunderstorm outbreak, resulting in roof damage. 
A leak in the roof, wouldn't you know it. 
We didn't know there was a leak for a few days. Because, of course, this little chair sat under the leak. Soaking up massive amounts of water. 

Before I give up on her, I think I'll try to save her. 
Nothing to loose  but my dignity  by trying.

And..... I want to try this


Gorgeous!! Yes!!

So many things I want to do, but for now I have paperwork to do.......
:-(


6 comments:

Janet said...

You have a great blog! I know I have SO many projects I want to do, but don't have as much time as I would like to do everything! I'm from the newbie party and am your newest follower!
Blessings,
Janet

lisaroyhandbags said...

Isn't it awful when real life always has to get in the way? I have a huge list of things to get done and just can't seem to get to it :)

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

That ought to be an interesting job:) I would do my paperwork too instead..lol!~

Allison Nicole said...

Thanks so much for the follow! I'm following back! Allison :)

CAS said...

I really like all your future projects. Well, maybe not the chair so much. I've never tackled an upholstery project. You might have to add a new foam piece in the seat. I'm anxious to see how that goes. I'm a new follower.
CAS

Country Dreaming said...

Good Luck with all your projects!!
Maybe the paperwork will go fast!

Melinda