Sunday, February 6, 2011

We Interrupt this blog.........



Ummmm. So. Yeah.
I finished my pesky end of the month paperwork. 
I was ready to finish up a few projects and do some new posts. 

Ran to the computer, as you do, to look through photos I had already uploaded. 
And wait.  Not here
  searching....
Not there 
growing slightly frantic.....
No Brandy's Blog File anywhere in IPhoto
my throat is closing up.....
Wait a #*@)%&* minute!
There's no pictures. All the files are empty.
Can't breathe. Can't Breathe....

13 years of dating, wedding, family holidays.....Gone!
This must be what a stroke feels like.....
Frantic call to Mr. Hubs to share my panic.
Mr. Hubs admits that he somehow messed up IPhoto when trying to import pictures to Aperture.  He assures me the pictures are there, he just has to find them....
So all those "in progress" pictures I took of things I've been working on.... Floating in an alternate dimension.
Trapped just beyond my reach.

Here's the kicker. There's an external hard drive sitting in a drawer three feet from me. We bought to back up everything on the Mac. 
It's been sitting there for over a year.
Have we done that yet? No.
Sigh......



3 comments:

Tanya said...

At least your photos aren't gone forever! And maybe get on that backup?? (=

Allyson Pecilunas said...

Oh how frustrating!!! I had some glitches in my blog to where no one could see my posts unless you searched my blog so I had to recreate a new one please come follow me there its noplacelikehomeally.blogspot.com

Life in Rehab said...

Is it rude of me to giggle-snort here? Because no harm was done, but the way you wrote this was just too funny.