Saturday, March 5, 2011

Grocery Tote

I think everyone has those earth friendly grocery bags.
I have a ton of them, and I'm totally on board with the idea.
The problem......
I often stop at the store on my way home while I'm out working.
Realizing that I forgot to bring the bags.
Can't seem to remember to put them in the car after the last trip to the store. 
I ❤ stores like Aldi
Do you have one where you live? You should check it out. 

This is for the quick trips to the store. 
It folds up all neat and cute so it stays in my purse and I always have it. 

She looks just like a wallet when she's all folded up!


There's no tutorial on this right now, I just did it on a whim to see if I could.
I used scrap material I had laying around to see if I could make it work. 


She folds up nice and neat!


I used a patterned material for the "cover" so that when it's unfolded it looks a little more decorative. 


It worked out well. Couple of things I'll change when I make another one. 
But I think the basic idea is good. 


And it's a tote that's more than sturdy enough to handle most any item! 


And can easily be folded up and slipped back into my purse for next time!!! 


Linking Up:



3 comments:

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

I love that pattern Brandy...so pretty and Spring like. Thanks for popping over.

1 Funky Woman said...

What a fabulous idea and so cute and handy. I am the queen of reusable bags, I have a ton. The problem is I forget them in the car almost every time I go to the store and then find myself too lazy to walk back outside!

Pretty pathetic of me. Thanks for stopping. By for a laugh! Great blog so I will definitely be following!

Megan

Country Dreaming said...

Very cute!
You did a great job for doing it on a whim.

Melinda