Monday, March 28, 2011

Sew Easy

Sorry I couldn't resist the cheesey word play...
No sewing involved here, just something to make sewing a little easier.

This is so simple.
Here is my pin cushion for sewing.
It's got magnets inside, and I love it.
She's just not very cute.


I've tried different kinds.
I prefer the magnets to the tranditional pin cushion.
For a girl who can be a little careless,
 it helps to be able to toss your pins in the right
general direction and have the magnet do the rest............

So take an old picture frame, I had this one laying around.
I spray painted it, totally optional.
If you like what you have... no need for spray paint.


I cut a magnet sheet to fit the frame. 
I got the Adhes-A-Mag at Michaels. It was on clearance.
I figured I'd find something to use it for.


Affix the adhesive magnet to the cardboard frame backing and re-assemble the frame.

Easy!


This is just a 3X5 frame, you can use any size you want.


It can sit up or lay down, works great both ways.


Super cute, I love it!

Happy Monday Peeps!

Linkin Up:

5 comments:

Steph @ Crafting in the Rain said...

That's really clever--and you're right, way cuter :)

Life in Rehab said...

Pure brilliance! And we do like quick and easy.

Country Dreaming said...

Very cute and clever!

Melinda

Ginger said...

Hey! Cool idea!!! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

Kelli said...

Fun idea! I have the same pincushion you have. It may not be the cutest thing but I do love it! I love to sweep it across the floor to pick up any pins I dropped so they don't end up in my feet! Your new version is much cuter, I agree!